Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cordially Invited

This whole Blogger thing has become a sickness for me. Do you know how many people have blogs? I have found childhood friends, high school crushes, and college buddies galore. It is kind of insane. And I think I may be addicted. Please don't ask me how much work I have accomplished since I was stricken with this illness.

I just googled myself. And as naughty as that sounds, I pretty much knew what to expect when I typed my name into the field. I won an award or two in high school for my journalistic and advertising abilities. It most definitely was not the first time I googled myself.

Mainly I was just checking to see if this little blog of mine would show up. In case one of those high school crushes had an inkling to see what I was up to these days (even though the majority of them are married now. I should know, I've seen all their blogs!)... So imagine my surprise when the SECOND item in the list is this little gem (and by little I mean HUGE bc it's in ALL CAPS)

JENALYN MCCALL and TYLER STEWART Wedding

JENALYN MCCALL and TYLER STEWART Wedding - Get all the information about the wedding for JENALYN MCCALL and TYLER STEWART Wedding. Purchase gifts from their ...

Go ahead. Head on over to google right now and type in my name. I'll wait.......

Newsflash: I am NOT getting married to Tyler Stewart (not yet). We are not engaged. Did you click the link? Did you see the date of this wedding? April 18, 2009. It's all a farce!

Back in August, maybe July, Tyler and I accompanied our recently engaged friends James and Lauren to a bridal convention. They have a lot of cool giveaways, and Ty and I were pawns in the couple's plan to win as many goodies as possible. At a lot of the vendor booths they had cards to fill out with bride and groom's names and "wedding date" that was then dropped into a fishbowl and yadda yadda yadda. Since we followed so closely behind Lauren and James we used our own names so as to avoid any suspicious glares from the booth workers. Well, it appears as though one of these vendors took it upon themselves to create a wedding webpage for us! And I can't delete it!

I am really rather embarrassed... Not that I am so concerned that people are going to google me on a regular basis and see this monstrosity, but! BUT! It's the principal! If you search Tyler's name it doesn't come up (not on the first page, anyway). Why would they do this to me?

Please! Everyone (all 2 of you that actually read this thing)! Spread the word that google is making up nasty, ugly rumors about me! And not to believe a word it says! When the day comes, you will all know the truth! In the mean time, just ignore anything google says. It's just a dirty word anyway.

1 comment:

JessiLeigh said...

Ill be there: toaster in hand!! :)