Friday, September 26, 2008

Politics Shmolitics

I am posting this because this election year is something I care and worry deeply about. I am not going to allow comments. I don't want to open up that kind of "forum" here. I just can't watch and read some of the things I have without putting them out there in hopes that other people will watch and read and learn. I am not trying to sway anyone's opinion. A good friend passed on some good advice: "If you want to keep your friends, don't talk politics." So we won't talk about it. Just watch the video, and if you like, talk about it with your friends/family that share your views (there's less arguing to be done there).

And please let me add that the research I do comes from the most unbiased sources I can find (a lot of AP articles... Mostly pieces that just state facts, in one direction or the other, without really trying to sway people one way or the other. For every negative (and also positive) item I read or watch about McCain/Palin I do the same for Obama/Biden.

As a registered democrat I have always considered myself "non-partisan" ... I will base my vote on who I believe will be the best for not only this country, but for me and my middle class (currently non-existent, but not that way forever) family. We are in a mjor crisis RIGHTNOW. This very second. And we really need to get this country back on it's feet before we attempt to try to help other countries get on theirs. You know the old concept "You must love yourself before you can truly love another?" I think that same principle applies here. I am so proud and honored to live in this country. I would have it no other way (unless I end up moving to Canada in December, which has been considered). I want to afford my future children the same luxeries and liberties I was raised with. But sadly, at the rate we're going, I don't know if that will even be possible. And this scares me.

The video is kind of long (12 minutes!) and I'm not posting it to discount Palin's experience (although the McCain campaign are the ones that opened that can of worms (he who throws the first stone yadda yadda yadda)). I am posting it because, as you'll see in the video, she likens her experience to that of other VPs that have held office, which is not a very valid statement. At all.



Via: http://blip.tv/file/1287551