Wednesday, December 3, 2008

An Update! With Pictures! And Words!

I guess it's about time I get to posting something of "use" around here. I have a tendency to write when I'm feeling down on my luck, but because my life has been so happy these past few years, I hardly write any more. It's a little sad. I thoroughly enjoy writing, but nothing of substance comes about when I'm content. Which I'm sure you've noticed, considering I've just written an entire paragraph full of fluff. I'm working on it.

The short:
Arizona
Halloween
Baby Shower
Dad Bday
Kristen/Ryan Bday
Andi 21 Bday
Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving part deux

The long:
I went to Phoenix with my friend, Lauren, at the beginning of the month for her birthday. Did some shopping, met her family, hung out with some of her friends, and visited The Bori's and Jenna for an afternoon. I didn't take my camera, so the only pics I have are the ones that Lauren took, which were all on the night we went to Saddle Ranch.

Classy ladies wear glasses!


Apparently Arizona is covered in knee-deep mud. Mud that is invisible in the dark.


Halloween was a fun event, as usual. We did things a little differently this year. Tyler's little sister's best friend (you follow?) has an un-repaired cleft palette. We decided to have a fund raising Halloween party to get some money to put towards her much needed surgery. We had a pretty good turn out, and raised around $500. A very small drop in the bucket, but every little bit helps. Again, I was camera-less, so these are borrowed pictures.

Lovebirds.


My handsome Lt. Dangle (my claw got in the way)


The Ladies. Back to Front - Kathleen, Michelle, Freddy Krueger, Lee-Lu, Bee.


Blind Referee, Fred, Bee.


Co's baby shower was a hit. A lot of people = a lot of presents! It took her nearly 2 hours to open all of them. She is the cutest little pregnant lady I've ever seen and I can't WAIT for Kenley Rae to GET HERE ALREADY! (but not yet. wait till you're ripe, please)



My dad's birthday is on the 13th of November. It's one of the few times during the year that all of us get together. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. My sisters and I got him a pay-as-you-go cell phone bc we hate never being able to get a hold of him. We also took him to Claim Jumper for a steak and lobster dinner, his favorite. It was a short visit, but it was time well spent.

Ryan (Courtney's husband) had a bday on the 19th, and Kristin had one on the 25th, so they joined forces and had a joint bday celebration. Dinner at Firefly, karaoke at Imperial Palace. All in all the night was fun, however, the DJ was kind of a jerk and only let people that tipped him sing. In the end I think only 2 people in our group of at least 20 got to get on stage. Oh well. Pictures!

Don't tell me to keep my mouth shut.


Crazy Pants.


Bday Girl.


Me, La, Co.


Me & Droopy Eyed McDrooperson.


Andrea's 21st birthday was on the 24th. As soon as the clock struck midnight on Sunday night (Monday morning) we were out on the town. Went to Green Valley Ranch for some live Irish music, then to Drop Bar where some of the people we were with partook in a little Hookah.

Tyler, Dre, Erik


Me & Neil


Andrea & Kris


On the actual day of her birthday Kris, Andi's boyfriend, got us a table at Prive in Planet Hollywood. I'm not into clubs and it was WAY expensive, but sometimes sacrifices have to be made in the name of 21st birthdays.

Andi and Cash, cashing another bottle.


Erik, Me, Neil.


Single for the night (tsk, tsk).


My dorky yet adorable boyfriend.


Sisters.


I took the entire week of Thanksgiving off of work. It consisted of a lot of late nights and crazy shenanigans, but I didn't get any pictures. Had Thursday Thanksgiving dinner with the Stewarts. I made green bean casserole and sweet potato souffle and I must say they were rather delicious. I was very proud of myself. The Sunday after Thanksgiving Tyler and I went to St. George with my mom, sisters and their boyfriends, for a Brinkerhoff Thanksgiving. Got to see family (and Jenna. Hi!) and eat some amazing food. It was the prefect ending to a perfect month!

Now December is upon us. I hosted my very first bridal shower today. It was stressful and nerve-racking, but turned out ok. Next weekend will involve a grad party and yet ANOTHER bday celebration, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Jenna Kae said...

Jenalyn! can i be a classy lady too? it seems like i haven't seen you in forever, and then i read this post and realized that i just did last week! wow. i'm a bum. i didn't really get to talk to you or anything. but it was so fun to see you guys and have some delicious thanksgiving dinner with you all.

ps i'm glad you've been so happy lately. you definitely deserve it.

The Archuleta's said...

Yea for a new post and pictures! I love your costumes they were awesome! And was a great idea to raise money to help someone. $500 is quite a bit of money.

JessiLeigh said...

I just did a lot of catch-up reading! I felt like a superstar being mentioned TWICE in one post!! Love that you're happy, makes me happy. Happy people everywhere!! :)