Thursday, June 11, 2009

5 Year Plan



Was reminded during a recent trip to Utah how much i love SLC. LOVE.

when i was little my sisters and i would spend a couple weeks each summer going between Nana and Papa's in Murray, and "Cousin's" in Orem. for as long as i can remember i have wanted to live there. and for a couple years i did, but not how i wanted to. sure, i had a fabby time in orem in my shared 4 bedroom apartment. memories i will forever cherish (and some i am trying desperately to forget!).

i want to live in SLC. in a cute little historic home. in sugarhouse. or the avenues. on a street where the trees are so big they create canopies over the road. where tulips and peonies (my two favorite flowers) grow in abundance. i want a red front door. hardwood floors. a HUGE backyard for my puppy (oh yeah, i got one of those- another post for another day). i want to spend lazy afternoons on the patio of a corner cafe, or on the grass at liberty park. i want to ride my bicycle, i want to ride my bike!

i love the old historic buildings: churches and libraries and hotels. i don't have that here in las vegas, and i wish more than anything i did. i need greenery and scenery in my life and right now the only place i want to get it from is SLC!

all i need now is to get tyler on board... know anyone that's hiring?

No comments: