Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hooray for 3-day weekends! And what a weekend it was...

Friday night was the celebration of Megan's 26th bday. The theme? Death of a 25 year old. Everyone dressed in black, as though we were at a funeral. Party was at a little hole-in-the-wall karaoke bar that was actually pretty hip...

Pretending to drink the pitcher o' beer from another table... Tyler lurking in the background.
The best friend's Hubby.
Crazy eyes AND some of the mourners.

There were at least 20 people in our party all dressed in black (except for Tyler and Ryan) which caused a lot of awkward glances in our direction. Everyone that got up to sing a song said something in memory of Megan. What a way to celebrate a death!

Saturday I hung out at my mom's all day. It was nice getting in some face time w/ the puppers. Went to a BBQ that night at Ashley and Kyle's house, got a little Rockband on, ate a little food... It was fun.

Sunday I went with Tyler to one of his co-worker's house for a BBQ. Didn't know a soul, but we still managed to have a good time. It was interesting b/c I actually dated an old roommate of the guy that owns the house , Chris, so being there drudged up some memories. Let's just say: I'm glad I dodged that bullet.
After the BBQ at Chris' we went to another one at Courtney's parent's house. We were there for maybe an hour before everyone bailed to go find better things to do. Tyler went out to the strip w/ some out-of-town friends and I went to my mom's again to spoon w/ a boxer.

And Monday was a nice lazy day. Tyler downloaded a bunch of new songs for Rockband, so we spent most of the day playing those. Stayed up way too late for a school night, and now here I am.

It's Tuesday and my boss is on vacation. Should be a good week.

No comments: